Saturday, August 9, 2008

Finally picked up St. Petersburg again

I made myself pick up St. Petersburg today, but I wasn't able to finish part 6. I actually started part 7 because part 6 is so boring. Repeating a design 4 times makes it difficult to work on a design, for me anyways. So upper left corner is the start of part 7 and I actually enjoyed stitching it :). I don't think I've ever worked on a piece that I've struggled so much with. I think this will help to move further into the design without completely finishing each corner.


Over all I'm not stitching very much though. The mojo just isn't there.

We bought a Wii fit that I'm having a blast with. I've actually lost a few pounds, yeah.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

The desire of my heart is for my daughter to come back to the Lord and come home to us.

13 comments:

Susan said...

Your St Pete looks great too! You are so lucky to have those houses/apartments done. I am still working on them, have the backstitching on 3 and then 2 more to go. I know you said the corner piece is boring, but I can't wait to get there !

I do agree that this is a difficult piece to keep up with. That's why I have made it a challenge to work on it in my rotation. Otherwise, it would just languish in my wip bag, never to see the light of day. I'll keep coming back to check up on you. Maybe we can encourage each other!


Susan
http://suequeblue.wordpress.com/

Marita said...

Great work. Even a little stitching is better than none at all (speaks the voice of experience, I have not stitched in weeks).

I'm glad you commented about the Wii Fit, hubby and I are thinking of getting one for each other for Christmas but I wasn't sure it was worth it. Your comments make me think it might be.

Andie said...

I love St Pete!

Anonymous said...

St. Petersburg looks so awesome. All of the work you are doing is so worth it. I have long adored the chatelaine designs but just don't have the commitment to do one.

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

OH WOW! That is absolutely stunning.

Karoline said...

It's looking gorgeous, any progress is great progress

Julie said...

Nice to see this one out again, take care

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Its good to see St. Pete again. Good luck making progress on it.

Carla said...

Looks fantastic!!

Pumpkin said...

Nope, I can't imagine stitching something that complex four times. I really amazed that you have stuck with it for this long but I feel you have the determination to finish it ;o)

All I hear is good things about the Wii. I've only played with it once. I might be able to convince DH someday ;o)

catandturtle said...

Every time I see this I just fall in love with it again. I really have to start working on mine again soon. It is just so pretty.

LauraSC said...

your St Petersburg is fantastic! All your embroiderys are fantastic… are best.
It compliments from Laura and a salute from the Sardinia

Kathy said...

That is an awesome piece. You lose your stitching mojo and I lose my blogging mojo. We don't make a very good pair. Best of luck with you stitching on St. Pete.